As we enter the 21st century, nursing professionals are faced with many challenges presented by globalization and an increasingly interdependent world. With that in mind, the NYU Master of Public Health Program has collaborated with the highly acclaimed NYU College of Nursing to offer a dual degree MS/MPH program. The MS/MPH is designed to integrate advanced practice nursing and public health training, preparing students to assume leadership positions in a variety of settings.
The dual degrees provides the necessary skill sets for graduating students to pursue professional careers in both nursing and public health, and prepare them for leadership roles in community healthcare settings, government agencies, and non-profit organizations in the United States and internationally. Completion of the MS component of the MS/MPH program will lead to eligibility for state licensure (Nurse Practitioner and Midwifery programs) and/or national certification (Nurse Practitioner, Midwifery, Nursing Administration, Nursing Informatics).
Applicants to the MS/MPH can apply to one of ten programs:
- MS/MPH in Nursing Informatics/Global Health Leadership
- MS/MPH in Advanced Practice Nursing: Mental Health/Global Health Leadership
- MS/MPH in Advanced Practice Nursing: Geriatrics/Global Health Leadership
- MS/MPH in Nurse-Midwifery/Global Health Leadership
- MS/MPH in Nursing Administration/Global Health Leadership
- MS/MPH in Advanced Practice Nursing: Pediatrics/Global Health Leadership
- MS/MPH in Advanced Practice Nursing: Adult Primary Care Nurse Practitioner/Global Health Leadership
- MS/MPH in Advanced Practice Nursing: Adult Primary Care (Geriatrics)/Public Health
- MS/MPH in Advanced Practice Nursing: Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner/Global Health Leadership
- MS/MPH in Nursing Education/Global Health Leadership
The MS/MPH follows a specially designed curriculum which allows students to complete both degrees in three years. Admission into the MS/MPH program requires a completed application to both programs separately.
If you are considering a career in nursing, and are interested in understanding health from both a clinical and public health perspective, we invite you to join us. The MS/MPH program offers an exceptional opportunity for those who are interested in making differences in health on a global scale.